Date December 3, 2019
To: NCRA/ANREC Members
Re: NCRA/ANREC Membership Fee
We understand that there is a lot of work that goes into submitting your returns each year. Financially, you need to do it for the CRTC, the NCRA/ANREC and your own AGM/Fiscal Year. In an effort to reduce the workload for stations, the NCRA moved in 2016 to using the CRTC 1110 form for annual returns as a way to calculate your fees
For stations that do not report to the CRTC, we ask for your previous years financial numbers, based on your fiscal year. This can be your audit, or an unaudited financial statement
The process will be as follows:
1) CRTC Licensed stations will submit a copy of their annual return information to the NCRA/ANREC (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the same time as the CRTC (November 30th). (Form 1110, or all forms as submitted to the CRTC)
NCRA/ANREC Staff will confirm your paperwork and advise you of the upcoming dues for the next year at that time.
2) NCRA/ANREC will keep said information private and confidential in compliance with provincial and federal law, as we always do with the information you submit to us.
3) NCRA/ANREC will invoice stations in April of each year, using the information submitted to the CRTC to calculate the membership fee for the coming year. (The NCRA/ANREC Membership year runs April 1 to March 30)
4) Stations will an invoice though the Membee membership management software system
5) Stations who have paid their fees in advance of the AGM/NCRC, will be able to participate in Voting. We ask that stations who are not planning to participate in the AGM wait until after June to pay their dues so we can maintain quorum. You will not be penalized for paying after June
The Board of Directors (Jan 2016) has also empowered its Fundraising and Finance Committee to address any concerns about fees, waivers or reductions. If a station is in exceptional circumstances and unable to meet its fee requirements, you may at any time approach the Fundraising and Finance committee through the Executive Director to ask for consideration of a) relief or b) an exemption.
In addition, the following timeline applies for stations who are not in good standing:
National Campus and Community Radio Conference (NCRC) – Stations that have paid a deposit, full amount, or contacted the Executive Director and discussed situations and a plan of action will be considered in good standing to vote at the AGM.
For members not in good standing:
1) Year 2 – August. Stations who are 18 months behind will have their access revoked to our Member’s Only section, restricting them from our living documents and other online services, and will no longer qualify for NCRA/ANREC based grant funding. (I.e. if you owe for April 1 2014-March 31 2015, you will not be in good standing as of August 2015)
2) Year 3 – August. Stations who are now 30 months behind will have their access to member listservs removed, will have their name on our website listed as “suspended”.
3) Year 5 – April 1. Stations will be officially removed from the membership.
If you have comments, please reply to email@example.com.
-Annual memberships run from April 1st to March 31st the following year.
-CRTC Licensed stations are to submit to the NCRA/ANREC a copy of their financial forms (Specifically 1110) as required during the annual CRTC Returns period at the end of November each year.
-CRTC Licensed stations will have annual invoices submitted to them within 30 days of the start of April.
-Members must be in good standing (Paid for the current year or paid a deposit) in order to Vote. AGM is typically the 2nd week in June.
-Non-CRTC Licensed stations are asked to submit their most recent annual audited statements along with the completed NCRA forms by July 1st each year.
-Members who do not plan to participate in the AGM are asked to submit their fees on July 1st of each year.
0.75% of total revenue (Including restricted and unrestricted grants).
-Calculated CRTC Licensed Stations: Total Revenue submitted to CRTC on form 1110 during the annual return (Which is to be submitted at the same time to the NCRA)
-Calculated non-CRTC Licensed Stations: Total revenue earned on the stations latest approved audited statements (ie if your year-end is August 31st, you would be calculating 2015-2016 fees on your 2014 year-end)
Maximum of $2000, Minimum of $100
The NCRA/ANREC now uses Membee to issue invoices (2019). You can pay your fees via the following ways
- Via Cheque via NCRA/ANREC 331 Cooper Street, Suite 601, Ottawa, ON, K2P 0G5 (For payments over $500)
- E-transfer (New 2019) via firstname.lastname@example.org (For all payments)
- Credit Card (New 2019) via membee (for payments under $500)
- Paypal via email@example.com (for payments under $500)
Waivers / Request for Relief:
If you are unable to pay your dues by that date, you have three options:
1. Request an extension with reasoning (via the Executive Director)
2. Work out a payment plan (via the Executive Director)
3. Ask the board to waive your dues either in part or in full (Via the Finance and Fundraising Committee thru the Executive Director)
Contact the ED for more information if you are challenged by your fee, in advance of payment deadlines so that your membership remains in good standing.